Thread: [Linux Mint] grub-customizer hangs at * reading partition info…

Beans

[Linux Mint] grub-customizer hangs at * reading partition info…

OK, I admit it, I'm not actually running Ubuntu anymore - switched to Mint 14 Cinnamon today, but this feels like a general problem.

I initially had a problem getting grub-customizer to show up in the applications menu, but it popped up after I restarted. Running it from the desktop opens an authentication prompt, but nothings happens after that. Running it from the terminal starts it, but it just hangs after * reading partition info…

NB: I also posted this to forums.linuxmint.com but these are far more active so thought I might have a better chance of an answer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: [Linux Mint] grub-customizer hangs at * reading partition info…

Quote Originally Posted by la508 View Post
    OK, I admit it, I'm not actually running Ubuntu anymore - switched to Mint 14 Cinnamon today, but this feels like a general problem.

I initially had a problem getting grub-customizer to show up in the applications menu, but it popped up after I restarted. Running it from the desktop opens an authentication prompt, but nothings happens after that. Running it from the terminal starts it, but it just hangs after * reading partition info…

NB: I also posted this to forums.linuxmint.com but these are far more active so thought I might have a better chance of an answer.
    Check out the green link in my signature. It is an alternative to grub-customizer. It works with Mint too.
    Once you make the changes, you never have to mess with them again.
    There are several pictures of what your Grub2 screen could look like.
    Just thought I would suggest it to you.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 Mate | 15.04 Gnome | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit