Sheez, round and round we go.

A few weeks back I started a thread about how mouse middle-click wasn't working from the Firefox Global Menu Bar at the very top of the Unity screen. I didn't even know that the bar at the top of the screen was called the Global Menu Bar, only that middle-click wasn't opening a Bookmark in a new tab.

A quick synopsis: At least two Firefox updates back, the Global Menu Bar (GMB) stopped recognizing middle-click. I asked about it, someone suggested running Tab Utilities, and that made the GMB behave again. Then FF updated to 17.0 and said Tab Utilities wasn't compatible, so the GMB went stupid on me again. I googled around, and it seemed like the most straighforward fix was to simply disable the GMB. I did that. I realize that disabling the GMB "breaks" Canonical's intent as far as how the DE behaves, but I gotta have middle-click!

Firefox updated in the last day or so to 17.0.1. FF checked for add-on compatibility, and apparently decided that it could run Tab Utilities now. So I re-enabled the GMB, and middle-click is working again from the Menu Bar.

Just wanted to get the latest development out there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next FF update breaks the GMB again. If it does, turning off the Global Menu Bar will probably be the simplest workaround.