Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to mount blank DVD-R

Beans

Unable to mount blank DVD-R

I'm having an error pop up when trying to mount a DVD-R.

The error reads: UNABLE TO MOUNT BLANK DVD-R DISC. Location is already mounted.

I'm trying to burn an iso to my DVD-R but I'm unable to because of this error. Haven't found a fix yet and I was hoping for some help.

I just recently upgraded to 12.10 and I'm running on a Dell Inspiron-1525 laptop. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Unable to mount blank DVD-R

Install k3b, very reliable.
    Before this I had to use Imgburn in Windows.
    I don't like Kubuntu but some of the K programs are quite good like k3b, kTorrent ...

Beans

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed k3b, but I'm not sure how to use it to burn an iso image to a disc. I'm still having the issue with the "medium already being mounted" problem.

I've been using Furius iso mount and it's served my purposes well enough, but because of this issue the program doesn't read my blank disc.

Beans

Unable to mount DVD-R

In 12.10, any time I put a DVD-R in my disc drive I'm presented with this prompt:
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2vcg7px.png

I'm trying to mount an .iso image to a disc with Furius ISO mount, but the disc drive is not recognized in the program and I have to assume it's because of this issue. I've tried watching standard DVDs and haven't had a problem with them, so it seems to only be problematic with DVD-R.

I'd very much appreciate any help on this issue. Please let me know if any more info is needed.
    Last edited by overdrank; December 18th, 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: please use thumbnails

Beans

Re: Unable to mount DVD-R

I would appreciate an answer to this as well

While I can mount blank DVD-R, Can't burn them for nothing.
    What's up with that??

Beans

K3b doesn't work with DVD-R for me.
    It'll burn DVD+R just fine, but DVD-R gives an Error message saying it might be the media.

If it was just K3b I could live with that but I can't find a single burning app or plugin that likes DVD-R.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Threads merged.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brantpadams View Post
    I'm having an error pop up when trying to mount a DVD-R.

The error reads: UNABLE TO MOUNT BLANK DVD-R DISC. Location is already mounted.

I'm trying to burn an iso to my DVD-R but I'm unable to because of this error. Haven't found a fix yet and I was hoping for some help.

I just recently upgraded to 12.10 and I'm running on a Dell Inspiron-1525 laptop. Thanks.
    Hi brantpadams,
    I'd been getting the same error message when inserting a blank DVD-R, in Linux Mint 14 (based on 12.10).

The autorun dialogue came up too, asking if I want to open 'CD/DVD Creator' - I just clicked Cancel, and went to right-click the ISO and burn using Brasero, k3b or Xfburn. None of these worked.

What has worked since is using the Autorun dialogue to open Brasero, then opening the ISO within the application, using Project>Open to open the ISO as a new project. The DVD-R then burns fine. Not ideal, and not as easy as right-clicking the ISO, but a workaround until we can work out how to fix this...

Hope this works for you too!
    Last edited by #1udancqSHv%; December 18th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Beans

Hi guys.

Thanks for the input. What I've found so far is that the autorun script will always pop up saying that it's already mounted, but I opened up Furius and inserted the disc when I arrived to the burn command box. The program then recognized the disc and I was able to burn successfully. I used to read it regardless, but this seems to be a fix of sorts.

I'm still not sure how to get rid of the dialog box, but as long I know I can still burn then it shouldn't be a huge issue. Thanks for all the help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jfj33 View Post
    Hi brantpadams,
    I'd been getting the same error message when inserting a blank DVD-R, in Linux Mint 14 (based on 12.10).

The autorun dialogue came up too, asking if I want to open 'CD/DVD Creator' - I just clicked Cancel, and went to right-click the ISO and burn using Brasero, k3b or Xfburn. None of these worked.

What has worked since is using the Autorun dialogue to open Brasero, then opening the ISO within the application, using Project>Open to open the ISO as a new project. The DVD-R then burns fine. Not ideal, and not as easy as right-clicking the ISO, but a workaround until we can work out how to fix this...

Hope this works for you too!
    Thanks for your suggestion. It worked for me too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast