Thread: Firefox and Chromium both select wrong language in 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Firefox and Chromium both select wrong language in 12.10

I live in a Spanish Speaking country, but I am an expat and prefer to use English for my computer. I have three versions of Ubuntu installed 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04. In 12.04 my main OS I have installed three languages English, Dutch and Spanish. I use English for my user account and my wife uses Spanish for her user account. I have done the same for 12.10, but we do not really use that system very much.

In both systems 12.04 and 12.10 I have installed for the web browser Chromium English, Spanish and Dutch. In both systems I have chosen English in the language section of the browser for myself. In 12.04 the Google search page is displayed in English, in 12.10 the same page is displayed in Spanish. My Spanish is good enough for bar and restaurant, but not for some of the complex stuff I like to read. It is not related to Google Plus, because all those pages are in Dutch as I have chosen some time ago and it is not related to the country dependent search page, because I select the main search page.

Firefox and Chromium show the same behavior. And now the strange thing the same happens in 13.04 and I am the only user there and I did not install Spanish anywhere and still my Google page is in Spanish.

Strangely the difference seems to be the OS, 12.04 working correctly and 12.10 and 13.04 only seem to look at the country of residence and ignore all other settings for the Google page.
    Edit: Windows Vista on my laptop displays the page in English too.

How do I get my Google search page in English again in 12.10 and 13.04?
    Last edited by BertN45; December 7th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Desktop: P-IV 3.2gHz, RAM= 1.5GB, Disk=80GB+500GB, LCD=22", Bought 2012 $90
    File Server: P-III 650mHz, RAM = 384MB, Disks 240 + 300GB, Bought 2005 $60
    File Server HP Vectra VL8i SFF, 2 cables connected: Ethernet and Power