Thread: Copy and paste

Beans

Copy and paste

I may be an idiot, but what's the trick to the simple copy and paste operation in ubuntu? Each time that I reinstall a different system, I simply use my back-up drive to install my pictures, music and the rest into the correct folders. What is it that I don't get? This happens to be ver. 12.04, but I had the same problem in 12.10 and I removed it. With Mint...no problem. What changed?

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Copy and paste

I use classic so maybe its different for you, but right click (context menu) or ..

Open Nautilus and goto view>extra pane and drag and drop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I read what you are saying but I do not know what you are talking about.

Select a document. Right click and select Copy. Open the partition that you want to copy the document to. Find the folder that you want to put the document into. Select the folder and right click and select Paste into folder. Use File Manager.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wburke20 View Post
    I may be an idiot, but what's the trick to the simple copy and paste operation in ubuntu? Each time that I reinstall a different system, I simply use my back-up drive to install my pictures, music and the rest into the correct folders. What is it that I don't get? This happens to be ver. 12.04, but I had the same problem in 12.10 and I removed it. With Mint...no problem. What changed?
    What File Manager are you using. If you tell us, maybe someone can give you explicit directions for it. I have had trouble with changing from one FM to another, just because I (erroneously) have thought the new one I am trying would work like the one I am used to.

Maybe that's what giving you trouble?