Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google earth

Beans

Re: Google earth

Quote Originally Posted by levlaz View Post
    He is having trouble getting Google Earth 7 to work (which is what google earth gives you when you download the ubuntu link) the .bin is for the stable version 6.2

The .bin is easy to install you just have to do it from the Desktop and not from the Downloads folder.
    Why not from Downloads? You can cd into it just like you cd into the Desktop (by the way "cd Desktop" is fine, you don't need "cd ~/Desktop" if you start the terminal normally so you are in your home directory)

Beans

setup.data/bin/Linux/amd64/setup.gtk2: error while loading shared libraries: libxml2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    setup.data/bin/Linux/amd64/setup.gtk: error while loading shared libraries: libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    The setup program seems to have failed on amd64

Fatal error, installer failed to run at all!
    roster@roster-Inspiron-1464:~/Escritorio$

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Google earth

here is a link the new version of google-earth that is suppose to fix the problem. it did not work for me .same error. but maybe it will for someone else. good luck.

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/downl...ith-fixed.html

Beans

ok, i will try

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Google earth

bump-has anyone who has been experiencing the same problem found a fix yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have Google earth 6 working after not being able to open the program (got a brief flicker of program starting then it disappeared off the screen). I found this thread and it worked perfectly http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2085529

I don't know if this will work for Google Earth 7 though
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:Ubuntu 12.04.3Precise Pangolin Desktop Env: Cinnamon 2.0.13 Boot: EFI File System:EXT4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123