Thread: Systray Icons with Dual Monitor Issue

Beans

Systray Icons with Dual Monitor Issue

I am using 12.10 64 with dual monitors, primary monitor on the right and secondary on the left. However, some of my 'additional' taskbar icons (pidgin,spotify) only show up in the secondary left monitor. how can i make it so they either show up in both monitors or even better, only have a systray on my primary monitor?

Beans

Re: Systray Icons with Dual Monitor Issue

To further clarify, it seems like this person is also having the same issue:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/193817

However, my systray icons are only showing up on the non-primary monitor.

Beans

After much searching around I've come to the conclusion that there is probably not a fix for this. Some might say that there is not a fix because it is not a bug and it acts this way by design. I can see that possibility, but it surely seems buggy as not all of the icons appear in both monitors.

I ended up simply moving my 2nd monitor to the right so the primary monitor is on the left with the launcher and taskbar that has all of the icons.HOWEVER, I then came across another issue where my notifications we no longer on my main monitor but instead on the secondary monitor all the way to the right. My eyes are not focused there all the time and I was now missing some important notifications. The first answer here fixed that issue:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/33140.../226271#226271

Beans

I'm experiencing the same problem. Ubuntu 12.10. Skype tray icon only appears on the second monitor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

For me, skype only appears on monitor 1, wish it was on both...