Thread: Remote access

Beans

Remote access

Hi,

How can i take Remote Access of my Ubuntu System, so that the screen get locked on other side.
    for eg:- if i take RDP of Window XP, from another system than the Console session or Original System display get locked.

I hope you understood my question.

Thanks & Regards,
    Param

Beans

Re: Remote access

Since Linux, like all Unix derivatives, is inherently multi-user, I doubt this is possible. Also most of us who manage systems remotely do so in text-mode via SSH. In that situation there is no "remote desktop" to lock down.

Maybe one of the remote access clients like NX or VNC allow this, but it would only apply to your session. There's nothing to stop someone logging in from the keyboard and starting another session in parallel with yours.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Remote access

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Since Linux, like all Unix derivatives, is inherently multi-user, I doubt this is possible. Also most of us who manage systems remotely do so in text-mode via SSH. In that situation there is no "remote desktop" to lock down.

Maybe one of the remote access clients like NX or VNC allow this, but it would only apply to your session. There's nothing to stop someone logging in from the keyboard and starting another session in parallel with yours.
    you can (without root) anticipate the login from normal users via "pam_nologin".
    --> man pam_login

cheers
    "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht