I unmounted a Delstar 4g DS4327 mp3 player via the disk manager, and then renamed it from its looooong string of letters and numbers to a simpler "mini". Problem is, it won't show up again to remount- or even work on its own (besides an hour glass showing up) and it won't load in Windows, either. I wanted to remount it, but it won't show up in the disk manager.
* attaching and reattaching it (numerous times)
* rebooting Linux
* attaching it to another comp which runs Windows Vista (even it won't display it now!)
* fstabing for info (it doesn't even show up!)
* trying to reset it by powering on and off repeatedly
I think I may have ruined the player somehow, and I basically need a way to:
1. find out its original drive name
2. rename it back to its AWFUL original name, which it appears to like
Or hopefully someone has a better option.
(Please don't say: "Buy a new player! They're cheap!" because they've not that cheap for me right now. #economyfail)