Thread: Change /tmps size to install vista HELP!

Beans

Change /tmps size to install vista HELP!

Hey guys,
    I don't know if this is simple or not, I've spent hours trying and haven't got anywhere. I'm trying to install Vista and it tells me that it needs at least 512mb of temp space to install.

When I check the df -h it tells me that the tmpfs is 479mb and 1% used. This seems small. I don't know how to change it. I've got over 100gb of free disk space. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Ben

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Change /tmps size to install vista HELP!

How much system RAM do you have? The problem might not be the amount of hard disk space but system memory.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919183

Is system RAM being used as video memory?

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: Change /tmps size to install vista HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    How much system RAM do you have? The problem might not be the amount of hard disk space but system memory.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919183

Is system RAM being used as video memory?

Regards.
    Thanks for your reply. It is dell inspiron which came with vista originally and has 2GB of ram. I installed ubuntu over vista a few months ago. I'm not sure if the ram is being used as video memory, I don't really know what this means either. But with less than 500mb temp memory surely a lot of things will be limited. Is there no way I can set it higher?