Thread: Path not found

Beans

Path not found

Hey there, my technologically superior friends. I've been having some issues with Wine recently, as you may have guessed. Whenever I attempt to play a .exe file through the "Wine Windows Program Loader" option (Right click, then the option I just mentioned), I get an error message saying, quite simply, "Path Not Found", and that's all. It's all very perplexing since it was working only hours ago, and just suddenly seemed to give up on working properly altogether. I was running Wine 1.4, and to the best of my knowledge, didn't alter any of my Wine software prior to this happening. I've already tried uninstalling then reinstalling it, oh, five or six times now, to no real avail. If anybody has any idea what's going wrong here, I'd really appreciate the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Path not found

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainThunderwolf View Post
    Hey there, my technologically superior friends. I've been having some issues with Wine recently, as you may have guessed. Whenever I attempt to play a .exe file through the "Wine Windows Program Loader" option (Right click, then the option I just mentioned), I get an error message saying, quite simply, "Path Not Found", and that's all. It's all very perplexing since it was working only hours ago, and just suddenly seemed to give up on working properly altogether. I was running Wine 1.4, and to the best of my knowledge, didn't alter any of my Wine software prior to this happening. I've already tried uninstalling then reinstalling it, oh, five or six times now, to no real avail. If anybody has any idea what's going wrong here, I'd really appreciate the help.
    What happens when you try to run the exe via wine in a terminal? What was the program and was it wine you uninstalled and reinstalled or the program itself?
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

Beans

Not quite sure how to run Wine through terminal, since none of the programs I used it for are actually saved in its programs section. The program I attempted to run was the install for Star Wars: KoTOR, and I uninstalled then reinstalled both it and Wine.

EDIT: Alright, how about we start off with a simpler question? What is this path it's referring to, and why could it possibly not be abelt o find it?
    Last edited by CaptainThunderwolf; December 9th, 2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Sometimes it's better to throw three rocks at three birds than one rock at one pterodactyl.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainThunderwolf View Post
    Not quite sure how to run Wine through terminal, since none of the programs I used it for are actually saved in its programs section. The program I attempted to run was the install for Star Wars: KoTOR, and I uninstalled then reinstalled both it and Wine.

EDIT: Alright, how about we start off with a simpler question? What is this path it's referring to, and why could it possibly not be abelt o find it?
    I'm not sure but the menu link could have have been altered, or the executable path is different. This is why its best to run wine from a terminal so you can see the actual error messages.

The default location for the wine prefix (the equivalent windows c: drive) is
    Code:
    /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/
    Thus all you need to do is browse to that directory to look where your programs are installed. Any directory that starts with a "." are hidden so you need to unhide (ctrl-H) in nautilus to see it. In a terminal you can just 'cd' to it normally.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader