Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you'd start a company, what would it be?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: If you'd start a company, what would it be?

I have often thought of opening a shop selling second hand science fiction books/comics/DVDs, which is also an internet cafe. So folk can come in, buy a book or comic and sit and have a read while drinking a latte or whatever, or use one of the store's computers, or bring a laptop or tablet and use the wifi.

I guess at least some of the desktop machines would have to be Windows, otherwise some people would be scared off. But I'd definitely use Linux and open source software for the servers running the network etc. And a few Ubuntu desktops would attract the initiated and the curious.

Oh yeah, and there'd be a huge video screen on the wall, so we could have sessions watching DVDs. Like a Star Wars day, and Star Trek sessions. And "video nasty" horror nights!

Starting to think this shop's gonna have to be pretty damn big...
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: If you'd start a company, what would it be?

I am a professional programmer, so I have thought about starting a company that just does contract work. That being said, I don't want to manage a business, I just want to code.

I also like the idea of a computer repair shop that does not rip people off... although it probably would not be overly successful.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234