Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you'd start a company, what would it be?

Beans

Re: If you'd start a company, what would it be?

I have always wanted to do some web tutorials and some remixing of Linux OS's my firsts near the finished mark still it just a dream

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Don't forget to stop by Guyana... Best rum is there IMO (though the country is a little rough).

Hmmmm... Eldorado 15yrs.... Good idea.
    But then we will have stops in Nicaragua (Flor de Caña) en Guatemala (Zacapa 23 yr) as well!
    And this coconut rum they make in St Kitts....
    And I know this plantation inn on Nevis that does the best rum punch I ever tasted...

Say, crew, do you mind if our trip lasts a little longer than strictly necessary?

Beans

I train dogs and do really well at it. Problem in trying to do a dog training business is that people actually expect you to train the dog when what your trying to do is to teach them to train the dog.

Beans

This thread is what happens when you drink one bottle of vodka. Today I realized I've done this.. But yeah, I have superb idea and will start a company if stars' positions are right.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Don't forget to stop by Guyana... Best rum is there IMO (though the country is a little rough).
    Can't be true, the best rum is here in the Dominican Republic and it's "Brugal", especially the 12 year's old ones.
    Desktop: P-IV 3.2gHz, RAM= 1.5GB, Disk=80GB+500GB, LCD=22", Bought 2012 $90
    File Server: P-III 650mHz, RAM = 384MB, Disks 240 + 300GB, Bought 2005 $60
    File Server HP Vectra VL8i SFF, 2 cables connected: Ethernet and Power

Beans

I can't believe it, so many folks want to do start a software company and that too open-source based, I am very happy to hear this.

Given a chance, I would open a lab on an island where no visa is required. You can fly from any where in the world at any time without any qualifications and the criteria would be your dedication to open source philosophy. Open all hours would be my motto.

I would operate a learning lab with the best open source software and 24*7 trainers teaching in class, which can be broadcast live on the web for all the interested. Next to this lab there would be a dedicated server room where people can host their sites on Linux servers only, so a bit of web hosting as well.

But my main aim is to create such a learning facility and too so flexible from every aspect that if you miss a class at 2 am Brazil time or 4 pm India time, you would feel like a criminal. Haaa, just kidding. I have learned a lot with the help of this forum and others on the net about Linux, I am self-taught in one sense of the world and community-taugh in another. I would like to say thank you to this forum and its wonderful members for helping me out. Thanks guys.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nenenes View Post
    I train dogs and do really well at it. Problem in trying to do a dog training business is that people actually expect you to train the dog when what your trying to do is to teach them to train the dog.
    Spot on mate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BertN45 View Post
    Can't be true, the best rum is here in the Dominican Republic and it's "Brugal", especially the 12 year's old ones.
    You should try the 25 year old El Dorado.

Beans

firearms manufacturer
    AMD 64 3000+, 2G RAM, ASUS K8N , XFX GS7800, Linux Mint 9 , WinXP(dual boot/seperate HD)

Stalker's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving how much the United States sucks approaches one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

It would be "Doomsday Bringers", and it would be weapons manufacturing, more specifically explosive ordinance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast