Thread: Libre Office won't export as PDF

Threaded View

Beans

Libre Office won't export as PDF

Running Ubuntu 12.04 Powerpc on an eMac G-4, 1GHZ processor, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB Hard drive.

On this install I had originally loaded Libre Office 3 (don’t know if that’s the correct version number but it’s what displays when the program opens). I thought everything worked on it till last night when I tried to export a Jpeg as a PDF file. I tried clicking on both the PDF icon in the toolbar across the top and the “export as PDF” command in the “File” menu – neither worked. From the File command, it went to a window showing all the settings for the outgoing file with a button at the lower right that said “Export”. I clicked that and got a second window showing a default name for the file giving me a chance to re-name it, but there was no field showing where I wanted to send the file, and no button to “Save”. I know those are supposed to be there because I watched a YouTube tutorial showing that they should be. If I clicked on the PDF icon in the toolbar, it just went to the previously mentioned second window showing the file, but with no option to direct or save it. I also tried exporting a regular text document with the same results.

This software was installed through Synaptic and I didn’t tinker with any of the dependencies. Could there be a missing library or dependency that needs to be installed? On a previously installed OS, I had a version of Openoffice that had a button at the top to “Save as PDF” that was elegantly simple and worked like a charm. Anyone know if it’s still there?
    Last edited by Javelin Dan; December 5th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    "Discovery begins when you throw away the instruction manual!"