Thread: 11.04 Logitech VID and Linux video conference

Beans

11.04 Logitech VID and Linux video conference

Hello to all.
    Friend of mine wanted me to get on skype and Vid with him. He uses Windows. Is there another program I can use with Linux Ubuntu 11.04 that will video conference? If so can that system video conference with him on his windows?

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: 11.04 Logitech VID and Linux video conference

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoegrant View Post
    Hello to all.
    Friend of mine wanted me to get on skype and Vid with him. He uses Windows. Is there another program I can use with Linux Ubuntu 11.04 that will video conference? If so can that system video conference with him on his windows?

thanks
    You can get skype for Ubuntu, if that helps. I'm not really sure what the problem with that is...care to elaborate for the dim me?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    You can get skype for Ubuntu, if that helps. I'm not really sure what the problem with that is...care to elaborate for the dim me?
    HA! I am the dim one! Don't know a thing about this stuff but going to learn.
    Thanks for the info. And where would I get skype for Ubuntu? Skypes website? Or is downloadable in Ubuntu Software Ctr?

gumshoegrant

Beans

You said you don't know much about Ubuntu, so I'll offer this: you should always check the Ubuntu Software Center for anything you're looking for. You shouldn't download software from websites unless it's not in the software center and then only if you check it out first (posting on this forum would be a good way).

Anyway, Skype is in the software center. Post back if you have any trouble getting it up and running.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Daisy View Post
    You said you don't know much about Ubuntu, so I'll offer this: you should always check the Ubuntu Software Center for anything you're looking for. You shouldn't download software from websites unless it's not in the software center and then only if you check it out first (posting on this forum would be a good way).

Anyway, Skype is in the software center. Post back if you have any trouble getting it up and running.

thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoegrant View Post
    Hello to all.

thanks
    did you find another solution? Did it work with skype?