Thread: Couldn't load plugin - Flash in Chromium

Beans

Couldn't load plugin - Flash in Chromium

I tried to find solution but I just couldn't. Does anyone of you know how to fix this problem?
    When I try to watch videos on YouTube, Chromium says "couldn't load plugin".
    There was flashplugin-installer already installed , but I reinstalled it, and Chromium(it did't help). I also tied to copy libflashplayer.so to /etc/lib/chromium-browser/plugins.

Code:
    chromium-browser --enable-plugins
    does not help neither, and flash plugin is already enabled.

Please help.
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Couldn't load plugin - Flash in Chromium

have you installed ubuntu-restricted-addons and ubuntu-restricted-extras yet?

in not do that first.
    Then see if it works.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans

It was installed already.
    It seems that this happens only with some videos, while I can watch others, both on same site - YouTube. It's strange, really.
    I tried playing one .flv and one .mp4 file that were downloaded on another computer for youtube months ago. But it couldn't play. I can play .mp3 files and hear audio of above mentioned files in audacious and vlc but not in default mplayer.
    I installed Lubuntu recently, and never tried to play any multimedia files before.
    What's happening? How can I play this videos in Lubuntu.
    Last edited by komarx6; October 18th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm not sure what is wrong then, I have Lubuntu loaded on this machine with lubuntu-restricted-extras and lubuntu-restricted-addons and everything work wonderfully. mp3 mp4 flash all working.

you can try uninstalling those files and reinstalling them that might work for you.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans

I found out what was the problem. My machine is simply too old. I had to install older version of Flash downloaded from Adobe's site.
    I am sorry for bothering you.

Beans

I am having the same issues. The plugin is installed/enabled but the "Couldn't load plug-in" message appears instead of the Flash video/ad/whatever. How did you determine your computer was simply "too old" (my computer is fairly old as well), and from where did you obtain the older Flash plugin?

[edit]
    I found the problem and solution are explained here:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82710

Recent versions of Flash require a CPU that supports SSE2 instructions. Otherwise you have to revert to an older version of Flash, which is what I had to do.
    Last edited by posfan12; December 6th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.