I have Gembird cam68ut. On my Ubuntu 12.10 it shows black screen in cheese and guvcview. I tested it in win7, it works fine.
Here what I found:
- It is a uvc compliant camera, I checked on the site: 18ec:3299 USB 2.0 PC Camera (model number QC3231) ArkMicro
- This webcam is report by lsusb: Bus 001 Device 004: ID 18ec:3299 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.
- Here is the output of dmesg | tail:
Code:uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB2.0 PC CAMERA (18ec:3299) uvcvideo: UVC non compliance - GET_DEF(PROBE) not supported. Enabling workaround. input: USB2.0 PC CAMERA as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.5/1-1.5:1.0/input/input17 usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
- When I run cheese (or guvcview), here what I get in terminal:
Code:libv4l2: error turning on stream: No space left on device (cheese:11797): cheese-WARNING **: Internal data flow error.
- I tried it on different usb slots with the same results
- The Webcam's microphone works, I can record audio with it
Guys, any thoughts on what can be done to make it work?