Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 + Java + Nexus 7

Beans

Ubuntu 12.10 + Java + Nexus 7

Hi guys,

I've decided to take the plunge on my Nexus 7 and boot Ubuntu 12.10 natively as I require the use of Java (Android doesn't support it).

Having a few problems actually getting Java setup and wanted a bit of help.

I have installed the Ubunutu-Restricted-Extras and OpenJDK-7-JRE, however Firefox does not recognise that Java is actually installed.

Any possible solutions please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 12.10 + Java + Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by taffypride View Post
    Hi guys,

I've decided to take the plunge on my Nexus 7 and boot Ubuntu 12.10 natively as I require the use of Java (Android doesn't support it).

Having a few problems actually getting Java setup and wanted a bit of help.

I have installed the Ubunutu-Restricted-Extras and OpenJDK-7-JRE, however Firefox does not recognise that Java is actually installed.

Any possible solutions please?

I don't have this tablet so I can't directly test or verify my suggestion I had similar problem in the past on a desktop. After installing Java I had to go into the Firefox plugin directory and make a symlink pointing to the Java SO (Shared Object) file. After that I started up Firefox and it discovered Java and utilized it. I hope this works for you. You can read more on this on the Java site at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ux-136395.html