Thread: Where do I find Libre "Home" page

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Where do I find Libre "Home" page

I have ubuntu 12.04 on my main computer and Mint12 on a laptop. On both Libre Office is installed but although it opens any documents I cannot find any way to go to a new blank document or spreadsheet etc. The only thing that seems to be available is Libre Draw under the "Graphics" heading.
    Where do I find it so I can put an icon on the desktop.

Beans

Re: Where do I find Libre "Home" page

I think the app you are looking for is libreoffice-core

With that, you start an empty libreoffice window with a dialogue from which you can start any new document, or go to settings.

If it is in the menu, it should be under 'office'. In unity it is, for me anyway

Type
    Code:
    libreoffice-core
    In a terminal, or in the command entry-field when creating a .desktop file
    Last edited by Yougo; December 5th, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
    It's a GIANT MUSHROOM... MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Open the Dash in the Application lens. Super key + A. Super key = key with flying windows logo. Click on Installed See xx more results and scroll down until you see the Libreoffice icons.

There will be an icon for each component of Libreoffice installed + an extra icon called simply 'Libreoffice.' Click on that and you will get a page where you can select to open a new document for any of the components. If you use this method a lot, then lock it to the Launcher.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The icon is identified as simply Libre Office if you want to add it to the launcher in Unity.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The icons that are installed on a stock Ubuntu 12.10 installation are "LibreOffice Writer", "LibreOffice Calc", "LibreOffice Impress" and "LibreOffice Draw".

Starting these gives you a blank new document.

You can launch the easily pressing the super key (the key with the Windows logo) and typing "writer" or "calc" etc.

You can locate them among the other applications: click the Ubuntu button. This shows the Dash. In the bottom line of the Dash, click the "Applications" icon (shorter: open Applications by pressing Super+a, as grahammechanical indicated).

Click, in the top right corner of the dash, on "filter results". Now click the "Office category". This shows all office applications installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Where do I find Libre "Home" page

Thanks all,I perhaps should have said that I do not have Unity I have the Gnome panel. However on checking with the software manager I have all the elements of Libre Office installed including the one Libre Office, but not Base which appears to be something special. As I said only "Draw" appears on any menu so I cannot start any other element from scratch. I could find Libre-core in the software.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The icon appears in the menu under office and the main menu in Classic. I don't know why it doesn't appear unless the box is not checked in the main menu.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Where do I find Libre "Home" page

Thanks Frogs Hair, Your screen shot has a difference from mine in that under the Applications there is no "Office" or "Other" item. In the Main Menu all the Libre elements areshown as installed but I do not know how to open them from there or then place an icon on the desktop.