Thread: Changing KDE settings only partially takes effect

Beans

Changing KDE settings only partially takes effect

If I try changing KDE-related system settings, the changes only partially stick. For example, I tried changing my mouse theme. When I pressed "Apply", it worked but as soon as I logged out and back in the change only partially remained. What I mean is, any time the mouse cursor hovers over anything Plasma Desktop (or maybe kwin) related (e.g. the wallpaper area, KickOff, the borders of windows, etc) the cursor changes back. When the mouse is over the contents of the windows (like this browser as I type this) the change is visible...

The cursor changes isn't the only problem. Changing the splash screen doesn't work, although it says the changes have taken effect when I log out and back in it doesn't use the new splash screen. The splash screen didn't reset to default, I just can't seem to change it anymore.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Just recently what seemed like an update for KDE came out (apt-get asked to update a whole bunch of KDE stuff at once, and a bunch of KDE libraries) and that could have caused this, but my KDE version (4.9.3) didn't change.

Beans

Re: Changing KDE settings only partially takes effect

bump

Beans

bump

Beans

Hmm... It seems to have suddenly started working just today. Weird.