Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 Package dependencies cannot be resolved

Beans

Unhappy Ubuntu 12.10 Package dependencies cannot be resolved

Hello I am a new Linux user and a few days ago i installed Linux on to my windows 7 64 bit pc. It is Dual boot so when I start my computer I can choose to run Windows 7 or Ubuntu. Everything worked fine on 12.10 until i tried to download a windows software emulator like Wine, or PlayonLinux. Every time i am to click install this comes up. Package dependencies cannot be resolved. Following that it seems like Software center crashes but does nothing after clicking Leaved Closed or Relaunch. I have tried changing my server from Main server to United States Server as instructed to do in another forum, then reboot and try again. This did not work so i changed it back to main server, rebooted then tried again. again did not work. I found a forum saying to update using this command in terminal 'sudo apt-get update' then followed by this 'sudo apt-get upgrade'. Then i tried again and it did not work, (rebooting in the process). I then found another forum saying to do this command 'sudo apt-get -f install' and ubuntu returned with this--

'Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.'

Because of the computer saying installed no upgrades and nothing has been removed I got very frustrated. I rebooted, tried downloading wine again and other emulators, same problem. It also happens on other downloads like Virtual c: Drive. And i dont know how many other downloads it will happen too also. For a test i downloaded audacity and it worked perfectly. Then i found this forum and tried it.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/22482...ot-be-resolves

It again did not work.
    If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions i would appreciate it because i am very stuck and windows 7 is having problems so i can not use it. I need to get Linux 100% working. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images