Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A little early to write off Microsoft, but interesting reading

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: A little early to write off Microsoft, but interesting reading

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    You can pretty much thank both MFST and Apple on that one they both get a cut of every Android phone sold by HTC, MSFT actually makes more money from Android phones sold than their own Windows Phones
    Nope. HTC's problem is not licensing but the fact companies like Huwei are seriously undercutting it in price.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dpny View Post
    Nope. HTC's problem is not licensing but the fact companies like Huwei are seriously undercutting it in price.
    well Microsoft earns $5 for every HTC android phone sold (source). apple probably earn a similar amount.... that's an added $10 probably that HTC have to add onto every device.... and adding on costs like that is going to lose them sales over other companies and hence profit

Beans
    Distro

well Microsoft earns $5 for every HTC android phone sold (source). apple probably earn a similar amount.... that's an added $10 probably that HTC have to add onto every device.... and adding on costs like that is going to lose them sales over other companies and hence profit
    Not really. Huwei is selling Androidish phones for half the price HTC is The small amount any licensing adds isn't going to make a difference one way or another.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I went to their site expecting trash.... they don't seem to be bad phones though.... shame they don't have any prices on their... any that I could see anyhow....

You know though kidna goes back to what I said before about the companies that can move products for the least will win.... Looks like this company may be a force to be reckoned with if they really are half the price like you say....

Beans
    Distro

I went to their site expecting trash.... they don't seem to be bad phones though.... shame they don't have any prices on their... any that I could see anyhow....

You know though kidna goes back to what I said before about the companies that can move products for the least will win.... Looks like this company may be a force to be reckoned with if they really are half the price like you say....
    Huawei is offering prepaid Android phones in the US/UK for $99/£99. But they're really killing HTC in Asia where HTC made the decision not to compete in the low-end market. Add to this Apple and Samsung beating them on the high-end phones and they're really getting squeezed.

Additionally, along with many of the Chinese Android makers, Huawei is also shipping versions of Android with all of the Google services stripped out, replaced with Chinese search, chat, etc. This really hurts Google, as it means Google gets no revenue from the use of these phones.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Looks like this company may be a force to be reckoned with if they really are half the price like you say....
    They're coming from a very solid base, they supply huge amounts of network infrastructure kit. So they're already a force to be reckoned with, and are breaking into the mobile handset space very effectively in Asia.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I have a huawei mobile phone. I must say that it is very good.

On the other hand, the one I bought is the flagship.

There is only one negative thing about it, the sound volume on music is too low.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dpny View Post
    Not even. Huawei isn't a direct competitor to HTC in most markets.

HTC's problem is that they made too many bad contracts with phone carriers, have a fragmented product line, and **** poor marketing.

Even with everything going against HTC, they're making healthy profits, and the best smartphones on the market. They've also got a visionary founder/CEO, they'll be fine.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Not even. Huawei isn't a direct competitor to HTC in most markets.
    Hence the problem: Huawei is cleaning up on cheaper phones.

Even with everything going against HTC, they're making healthy profits, and the best smartphones on the market.
    Profits are down 79% quarter versus quarter. Far from healthy.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789