Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Office Suite do you use?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Which Office Suite do you use?

I use Apache OpenOffice for complex documents that need formatting, and Gedit for casual typing. (Deleted every trace of LibreOffice. I know it's a fork of OpenOffice, but the bloody thing wouldn't stop crashing on me.)

I also play with the opacity of the text windows too, because a solid white page hurts my eyes after a while; I like being able to see my wallpapers while I type. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    MS Office 2011...

......Looks around and ducks for cover......
    Here's a shovel if you'd prefer a foxhole. =P

I think I can hear the flak cannons now!

Beans

MS Office on my iMac and Windows PC's
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Calligra (the entire suite).. but its mostly wasting space as i only really use Kword, and Karbon- i wanted to also learn to use Krita.. but..

I also switch back and forth with Libre Office, again im only really using the Word Processing, so its other apps are also wasting abit of space.. but i have plently of GBs

OpenOffice on Windows.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    MS Office 2011...

......Looks around and ducks for cover......
    You too eh? I'm still using 2010...
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Paqman View Post
    Google Drive. Libre Office if I need to do spreadsheety stuff that Google isn't up to.
    ^^^ This.

I really wish the Google guys would bring more features to their spreadsheet app. Some of these features are available as scripts so it's clear that it's not a question of compatibility.

And still waiting for the official sync.

Beans

Vim+asciidoc

Sometimes I have to bring the final product into libreoffice for a little extra formatting. Haven't figured out how to get LaTeX to do Chicago style or produce correctly formatted bidirectional documents, which most of my academic writing is. LibreOffice does these things like a champ (better than any commercial office suit, though Mellel may be close).

Google docs for collaborative editing. I have all of my writing backed up with Ubuntu One, so Google docs provides no material advantage on solo projects.
    Last edited by Aaron Christianson; December 4th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Nano, lol.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans

If you're going the minimal route like that, you might try torturing yourself with vi for a while. The pain is the prerequisite to figuring out that it is the finest text editor ever created.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I use libreoffice on my windows and linux computers, does the job just fine.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar Delest View Post
    Apache OpenOffice.
    LibreOffice has some show stopper features for me. And I think the Apache development will be more thriving.
    afiak most openoffice devs moved over to libreoffice, and libreoffice currently has more active development and much more frequent releases...
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast