Thread: Autopilot Unity Tests - a more convenient way?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Autopilot Unity Tests - a more convenient way?

I have worked out a method for running those 461 Autopilot Unity tests in batches with a command argument that posts the results into a log file. The tutorial is here. Click on the Autopilot Unity Tests link to go down the page.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/activiti..._Unity_Testing

I find this more convenient than running the tests one at a time or all at once. Which were the only options.

For example, this command will run five tests.

Code:
    autopilot run -o . unity.tests.launcher.test_capture
    and this command will run 30 tests.

Code:
    autopilot run -o . unity.tests.test_panel.PanelWindowButtonsTests
    That one is untested by me but it should work. So, far I have run 33 of the 57 batches. I am working my way from the smallest batch to the largest batch, the 30 tests batch.

Update: I have just completed all the batch tests. It takes something like 1 hour 45 minutes. This is longer than running the tests all at once but I can stop and start whenever I like and I do have some idea of where I am in the test series.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; December 4th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Autopilot Unity Tests - a more convenient way?

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I have worked out a method for running those 461 Autopilot Unity tests in batches with a command argument that posts the results into a log file. The tutorial is here. Click on the Autopilot Unity Tests link to go down the page.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/activiti..._Unity_Testing

I find this more convenient than running the tests one at a time or all at once. Which were the only options.

For example, this command will run five tests.

Code:
    autopilot run -o . unity.tests.launcher.test_capture
    and this command will run 30 tests.

Code:
    autopilot run -o . unity.tests.test_panel.PanelWindowButtonsTests
    That one is untested by me but it should work. So, far I have run 33 of the 57 batches. I am working my way from the smallest batch to the largest batch, the 30 tests batch.

Update: I have just completed all the batch tests. It takes something like 1 hour 45 minutes. This is longer than running the tests all at once but I can stop and start whenever I like and I do have some idea of where I am in the test series.

Regards.

Thanks Graham .. your method is a lot more efficient , so. no down time really.

Regards,
    Ventrical