Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

Beans

Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

Quote Originally Posted by odror View Post
    I tried all three methods on xbmc 12. None woked.

myth:// did not connect.
    mythbox addon is not compatible with mythtv 0.26
    XBMC PVR support does not have the mythtv addon. PVR.cmyth
    Which version of the mythbox plugin are you using? You need this one https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

I compiled the pvr plugin, from some intructions I was given on the mythtv-users mailing list. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...uildFromSource

Sorry I cannot establish if the myth:// protocol specifically works with 0.26, it does with 0.25. What are you putting into the url. From memory it is myth://mythtvassword@backend.ip.or.dnsname

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    Which version of the mythbox plugin are you using? You need this one https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox

I compiled the pvr plugin, from some intructions I was given on the mythtv-users mailing list. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...uildFromSource

Sorry I cannot establish if the myth:// protocol specifically works with 0.26, it does with 0.25. What are you putting into the url. From memory it is myth://mythtvassword@backend.ip.or.dnsname
    Actually I was not very specific. Non of these methods worked on my nexus 10 tablet. The PVR method only worked on the w7 client. The ubuntu machines use mythfrontend. I can wait for the sable xbmc. So my issue is the android tablet.

Beans

odror, you aren't the only one having this problem, and yes it also affects 12.04/0.26. I have installed a primary backend-only of 12.04 at least four times now, and UPNP is missing every time. I have been using MythTV since before Mythbuntu existed, so although I do make mistakes, I don't think I am making one this time.

Have you filed a bug report against 12.10?

Did you install a backend-only, or some other flavor?

How do we troubleshoot? What process should be running in order to create the UPNP service?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QA_manager View Post
    odror, you aren't the only one having this problem, and yes it also affects 12.04/0.26. I have installed a primary backend-only of 12.04 at least four times now, and UPNP is missing every time. I have been using MythTV since before Mythbuntu existed, so although I do make mistakes, I don't think I am making one this time.

How do we troubleshoot? What process should be running in order to create the UPNP service?
    Are you using 127.0.0.1 or your lan address for the backend? uPnP is disabled if you use 127.0.0.1.

Beans

Are you using 127.0.0.1 or your lan address for the backend? uPnP is disabled if you use 127.0.0.1.
    No, having been using Myth since before Mythbuntu existed, I know to avoid that trap.

Beans

No I am using the local IP address

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QA_manager View Post

I did not file a bug report.

I installed 0.26 from the PPA package. (in 12.10 0.25 is the default package) I have full version

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by odror View Post
    I did not file a bug report.

I installed 0.26 from the PPA package. (in 12.10 0.25 is the default package) I have full version
    Oh, my mistake - I was thinking 12.04 had upgraded to 0.26 and I didn't go check.

So, back to my other question - who knows how to troubleshoot this? What process/demon should be running to provide the UPNP service? That is a good place to start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12