Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brother MFC-7860DW Drivers - Sudo issue?

Beans

Re: Brother MFC-7860DW Drivers - Sudo issue?

That is odd. I just did what I did in Windows and created a new user account from the User section and that was the admin account. Then I added the regular user account. I don't know why that can't be done properly using the graphical interface in the User area the way that I did. I prefer not to rely on commands too much.

I will try your recommendation tomorrow.

First I will to type su and then enter the admin password and then the gpassword the way that you posted it.

Hopefully it will accept my admin password for this function from within my regular user account.

I will post the results - hopefully success!

Beans

Re: Brother MFC-7860DW Drivers - Sudo issue?

Okay, I finally got the sudo issue resolved, thanks to your help. I wasn't able to do su or sudo from within the regular User account so I had to log in to the admin account.

Then at the command prompt, I entered: sudo gpasswd -a me2 sudo (the last sudo is the name of the group that I wanted to join). Then I hit enter and it added the sudo group to my regular User account (me2).

So, when I typed: me2 groups, sudo appeared.

Then I had to do that separately for each group that I wanted to join. It would not let me join multiple groups together. I joined: adm cdrom plugdev lpadmin sambashare

So, to add the adm group to the me2 account, I entered: sudo gpasswd -a me2 adm

There is also dialout and admin in the admin groups but I didn't add those to the regular account at this time. Not sure what those are or if I'll need them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12