Thread: Install CD Boot Loops

Threaded View

Beans

Install CD Boot Loops

Note: I am copy and pasting this from my thread on the Kubuntu forums about a failed Kubuntu install. However the problem with Kubuntu is the computer was to old, so I am trying Lubuntu which I believe meets the minimum specs, but does a sort of boot loop similar to Kubuntu. So simply sub Kubuntu for lubuntu.

I grabbed the Kubuntu 12.10 32 bit image. I used Netbootin to make a 8GB flash drive bootable. However, the laptop(not sure the model but it's a Nobilis with an Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 250MB ram, 30GB HDD), goes in to a sort of boot loop. I keep getting the Kubuntu logo with the dots under it. After a few I see a mouse cursor appear(on a black screen i think) but a few seconds later, it goes back to the Kubuntu logo. I let it run for like 5 min and it just looped over and over..

So next I tried a DVD. I burnt the iso via k3b to a Verbtaim disc. the lap top does nto even try to boot to the DVD, and if I boot to Win XP(already installed), Windows doesn't even seem to think a disc is inserted. Maybe it doesn't like my Verbatims? I can confirm the drive is a DVD ROM and writer.

My next step is going to be to try a 12.04 image on a Verbtaim or crappy Memorex disc, but does any one have any ideas in the mean time?
    Last edited by Xplorer4x4; December 3rd, 2012 at 08:11 AM.