Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gubuntu?

Beans

Question Gubuntu?

Will there be a distro for Gnome like Ubuntu Gnome style? Allso will Gnome be available in later version like 13 and so on please get back to me on this I hope some devs can relate as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Beans

Re: Gubuntu?

Gnome has been the best preforming on my pc If i have ever said anything bad I take it back now thanks Gnome Dev team.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kidx View Post
    Will there be a distro for Gnome like Ubuntu Gnome style? Allso will Gnome be available in later version like 13 and so on please get back to me on this I hope some devs can relate as well.
    Gubuntu?

Install Ubuntu mini.iso and then install xinit and Gnome-shell and you have your Gubuntu.

12.04, 12.10 or 13.04 alpha, beta whatever. Install any applications you want to it. If you want to cut your own live CD/DVD, check in the Remastersys web site.

Good day!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    Gubuntu?

Install Ubuntu mini.iso and then install xinit and Gnome-shell and you have your Gubuntu.

12.04, 12.10 or 13.04 alpha, beta whatever. Install any applications you want to it. If you want to cut your own live CD/DVD, check in the Remastersys web site.

Good day!
    I downloaded the Gubuntu distro witch is the Gnome Remix 12.10 also from seeing all other titles I say Gubuntu would suit the next distro/flavour of ubuntu why not you have LKUX where is G Ill call this Gubuntu any how thanks for all the help.Also its pronounced Goobuntu since everyone says Geenome do I make sense lol.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by carl4926 View Post
    +1!

I opened a discussion thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2073181

It's not official yet but we're in the repos so it's only a matter of time

Beans

I downloaded the Gubuntu distro witch is the Gnome Remix 12.10 also from seeing all other titles I say Gubuntu would suit the next distro/flavour of ubuntu why not you have LKUX where is G Ill call this Gubuntu any how thanks for all the help.Also its pronounced Goobuntu since everyone says Geenome do I make sense lol.
    Okay, now that you have Gnome Remix 12.10 or Gubuntu 12.10, you can make it Gubuntu 13.04.

Open your Terminal and,
    sudo sed -i 's/quantal/raring/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

then,
    sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and once, that action is over you are in Gubuntu 13.04

Good day!

Beans

so is 13.04 LTS or no and how stable I am installing right ow I am a gamer and Gubuntu is most stable thanks Gubuntu dev team also tme to eat and play some awesome games thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

so is 13.04 LTS or no and how stable I am installing right ow I am a gamer and Gubuntu is most stable thanks Gubuntu dev team also tme to eat and play some awesome games thanks again.
    13.04 is currently in development so expect breakages. And no, it's not a LTS release. The next LTS release is 14.04.

Beans

Question is this real Gnome 3 why is it messed up also why is there a minimize and maximize this seems like a fork? i am not liking the fork if it is one I like the original better with the hot spot in the upper right also its more smoother also that square ring is back when you minimize arghhhhh thats annoying and gives me a headache cause I have seizures any way to get rid of the black square/rectangle on minimizing?
    Last edited by kidx; December 3rd, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast