Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix

Well, I have to say I like it. It seems a bit lighter in memory useage than LinuxMint 14 and may be quicker. Some things I noticed:

1. The installer was to me a bit unusual when it came to partitions. I did not use the installer on the desktop and instead started ubiquity from a terminal.
    2. The weather applet has problems when trying to change the location. This seems to be a general problem. I installed dconf-tools and with dconf-editor was able to change the location.
    3. When installing, a reminder to backup your files comes up and seems to take forever to go away.
    4. As has been reported before, it takes a long time for cinnamon to start after you enter your password. There was some talk of using the unity-greeter rather than lighdm-greeter-gtk to speed things up. I tried this but saw no difference.

Still I do like it.

Beans

On Snowlinux, I replaced the default LightDM login with GDM.

I was getting a "Low Graphics" mode error with LightDM. Switching the login managers addressed that issue on my netbook.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NormanFLinux View Post
    On Snowlinux, I replaced the default LightDM login with GDM.

I was getting a "Low Graphics" mode error with LightDM. Switching the login managers addressed that issue on my netbook.
    Thanks for your suggestion. Tried it, but unfortunately no effect.
    Regards,
    wlake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12