Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix

Looks good but i think 12.04 is better, still great for getting new people into Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by mythic97 View Post
    Looks good but i think 12.04 is better, still great for getting new people into Ubuntu
    i agree getting them away from windows and mac is even better
    too much blood in my caffeine system and a coffee cup the size of a wading pool!

registered Linux user number 505431

Beans

Add;
    deb http://packages.linuxmint.com nadia main upstream import
    deb-src http://packages.linuxmint.com nadia main upstream import

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and update. Then,
    sudo apt-get install cinnamon, log out and choose Cinnamon.
    You'd have a session with the newest; cinnamon-1.6.7+nadia

You'd have your own Ubuntu-Cinnamon Remix

Beans
    Distro

I just thought it was cool that someone took the time to make this. It retains the Ubuntu specific features and has Cinnamon as the default desktop environment. Kind of nice for Ubuntu fans that would like a classic desktop out of the box. Using the LTS was pretty nice too.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Why is this spin needed? Can't people find their own wallpapers and add the cinnamon PPA themselves? Doesn't require that much searching on how to do it. =\

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    Why is this spin needed? Can't people find their own wallpapers and add the cinnamon PPA themselves? Doesn't require that much searching on how to do it. =\
    Why not? Those who want to do as you suggest are free to do so. Those who are distro hoppers/testers might like the idea of everything ready-to-go upon install without having to do searching and/or installing other stuff. There are many distros based on Arch, Gentoo, Debian, Fedora and others. Why not more Ubuntu based distros?. I say, the more the merrier. The beauty of Linux...Choice.

Here's their Sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cinnamon-remix/

Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

how many freaking remixes do we need people? it's called mint people. they are the developers of cinnamon and use ubuntu as a base so this is kind of redundant
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    how many freaking remixes do we need people? it's called mint people. they are the developers of cinnamon and use ubuntu as a base so this is kind of redundant
    How many SID remixes do we need? How many Fedora remixes do we need? How many of any of the main distro remixes do we need. Nearly all distros are based on another parent distro (Red Hat, Fedora, SuSE, Debian, Arch, Slackware...). Hell, Ubuntu itself is a Debian "Remix". And NO. This is NOT Mint. Other than the Cinnamon DE, there are no Mint-specefic things that I can see. Especially that annoying Mint Update. This is Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon.

No need to use it or bash it. Linux is about choice. You choose not to appreciate it. Great.

Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; December 4th, 2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro

Well put Uncle Spellbinder!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast