Thread: New Nvidia Drivers Make Video Colors Negative

Beans

New Nvidia Drivers Make Video Colors Negative

I recently installed the new drivers released by Nvidia to complement Steam for Linux's release, and everything seems to run fine, except for one thing. When I try to stream a video through the web browser now, all the colors are negative, and the resolution looks to be lower than normal. Is there a way to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: New Nvidia Drivers Make Video Colors Negative

Quote Originally Posted by amtur_poet View Post
    I recently installed the new drivers released by Nvidia to complement Steam for Linux's release, and everything seems to run fine, except for one thing. When I try to stream a video through the web browser now, all the colors are negative, and the resolution looks to be lower than normal. Is there a way to fix this?

I've had this happen before on Flash video (YouTube). Right-click the video, click "Settings" and un-check "Enable Hardware Acceleration."
    IBM Thinkpad r51, Ubuntu 12.04
    Homebuilt Intel Core2Duo E4500, 4.0GB RAM, EVGA/nVidia GT440, Dual-boot W7/Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
    Dell Optiplex 755, 4.0GB RAM, Ubuntu Server 14.04 64-bit (local file/print/music server)

Beans

It's not NVIDIA's fault. Adobe introduced this bug into flashplayer right before they discontinued Linux development, and now, of course, they won't fix it.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: New Nvidia Drivers Make Video Colors Negative

I would recommend using Google Chrome as your browser because it comes with PepperFlash built in and is a newer version than the one installed on Ubuntu... This fixes the bluish tiny on movies...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Note that regular flash has to be full screen to change any settings (like to disable hardware acceleration). If it is not full screen, the settings dialog will hang.
    i5 650 3.2 GHz upgraded to i7 870, 16 GB 1333 RAM, nvidia GTX 1060, 32" 1080p & assorted older computers

Beans

Thanks for this! I've been watching blue people on youtube for about a year now.

btw, YouTube is the only site I had this problem on. Every other site played videos just fine. Even YouTube videos through Facebook.

Beans

That's because not many sites actually invoke hardware acceleration in Flash (it requires special code to use something Adobe calls "Stage Video"), but YouTube does.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users