Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unity removal

Beans

Re: Unity removal

@ Krytarik

Tank you for your suggestion,but reason why i started this thread is that I don´t want Ubuntu apps to show in Xubuntu installation as Bucky Ball said.I have to say that I installed only xfce4,but I still see some Ubuntu apps.Never mind.It is not perfect,but it is working.Now it is time to play with Xfce.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

That is what is being said. Removing Unity only removes that desktop environment, NOT any default Ubuntu apps. Like removing xfce4. If you have only installed xfce4 the apps will be Ubuntu apps, NOT Xubuntu. Xfce4 doesn't install any.

The only way you will get the Xubuntu default apps is to install xubuntu-desktop, then you will have both. To ONLY have xubuntu default apps and no Ubuntu remnants, you may as well just install Xubuntu ...

Beans

To ONLY have xubuntu default apps and no Ubuntu remnants, you may as well just install Xubuntu ...
    That was thing I wanted to avoid.Finally I installed xubuntu-desktop and now I have complete Xfce experience.O.K I still see ubuntu apps,but nobody´s perfect!Tank you for your advices and replays!
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

No probs. Enjoy. Xfce rocks! But now I'm repeating myself ... lol

My desktop is a total hybrid. I started by installing Ubuntu Studio and then added xubuntu-desktop, ubuntu-desktop, edubuntu and Ubuntu Satanic artwork and other things I don't remember! It developed over a few years but probably needs a complete reinstall to be honest ...
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; December 4th, 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12