Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My AsusX501A wont detect ubuntu (USB)

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: My AsusX501A wont detect ubuntu (USB)

You can download the 64-bit version from ubuntu, then point the process to the ISO.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Nooreazy View Post
    unetbootin doesnt have Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit as an option
    This is not necessary. Download Ubuntu 12.10 64bit from here and create a bootable USB as usual , with unetbootin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooreazy View Post
    Also i disabled secure boot in the bios and my ubuntu still wont boot .
    Well , the truth is that I haven't secure boot system and I cannot guide you through the whole progress , but try the 64bit 12.10 version. I have a hope that will work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Myglaren View Post
    I am having the same problem with my recently purchases Asus laptop, tried many variations but the USB dongle is not recognised when the machine boots.
    It was bought with W7 loaded with the express intention of replacing that with QQ.

I can't create a boot CD either - a newly purchased Zoostorm desktop (no OS) now running QQ will tot write to DVD - says device already mounted?

My old Toshiba laptop (using that now) won't write to DVD either - can't see it in Startup Disc Creator, it won't recognise a bootable USB dongle either (one of the reasons for buying the Asus)
    Had to install 11.04 then upgrade to 12.10 as it is getting a bit flaky and hoped a reinstall would cure it an I would be able to create a startup disc for the Asus machine - bitter disappointment ensued.
    QQ installed now - it was not a secure boot machine after all but when the BIOS was set to boot either from the DVD or USB, it forgot when restarted.
    Pressing "Esc" while the splash screen was on gave various boot options which worked perfectly and QQ is installed and working now.

The write to CD/DVD problem remains but is a recognised bug, apparently.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    Toshiba Equuium 100A RR. Asus A54C Mint Nadia. Zoostorm desktop RR.
    Linux user # 456165. Ubuntu user # 19504.

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Glad you found that and that it worked - that's what I was pointing at in my first post (#4).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12