Thread: Workspaces are not working properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Workspaces are not working properly

Hello everyone,

So I really have no idea why, but my workspace switcher's union rep contacted me, and it's on strike.

-I either have 1 desktop, or 4 desktops
    -with 4 desktops everything opens in workspace 1 or when I switch to another workspace everything stops responding (but the background will still change, music still plays, viedos etc) the pannel disapers and all input methods stop responding.

-(this one has been happening for some time, and just got filed under annoying, but since everything went strange) When I have a window maximized and switch desktops it goes along with me and shows up on that workspace. This happens with non maximized windows as well but not as frequently.

-(Also filled under annoying) I used to be able to just drag a window to another desktop. This no longer works. Or it will visually move the window to the new workspace but then as soon as I release the window it goes back to wherever it was orriginally. (Just used right click and send to workspace for a workaround)

I am using gnome clasic 12.04 with compiz enabled. Any help in fixing any of this would be greatly apprecieated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: Workspaces are not working properly

Ok so thanks to this...http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2071662 I've got the basic switching back with out crashing things(so far)

so -remove pannel app workspace switcher
    -in compiz set desktop to 1 and the your grid to whatever you want
    -re apply workspace switcher to pannel

So Now I'm just back to the annoying problems, since I opened the thread I suppose I'll see if I can fix those too.