Command Stacker - Terminal People
Alrighty, so I haven't played very many of the Forum games on here, and I thought of one to test people's knowledge of the terminal system. Here's the rules:
1) NO DESTRUCTIVE COMMANDS - If you enter commands which are destructive to user's data, you will be banned from the forums.
2) Commands readily available only - no commands you have to install
3) One line per command, you may use only | pipes, no > < & or && pipes
4) Nothing that requires network connections or sudo commands
5) Have fun and be creative.
6) Don't post the output, let others find out about the incredibly powerful terminal.
I'll start - I put this in my signature:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'core id\|cpu MHz'
Where's [slooksterpsv] been? - I had Catastrophic partition alignment failure. I lost 90%+ of my data, and just now got it back fixed and working.