Thread: My Ubuntu cannot see my wireless

Beans

(Fixed) My Ubuntu cannot see my wireless

I have deleted everything on my laptop today and did an installation of Ubuntu 12.4.
    Previously I had a dual boot of Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 7 going, I used Windows 7 to delete the Ubuntu Partition (Stupidly) and grub with it. (accidently of course, I'm new to Linux.)
    Anyways, I ended up finding a 12.4 disk my friend gave me and installed it. While installing, it started trying to auto configure my networking, well I just clicked the "do it later" option and kept going. After install, I could not connect to a wireless network, nor could even see that I had wireless abilities.

I plugged into the network and had no internet at all.
    Then went home, (I was at my tech school) and plugged directly into my router.
    That gave me the internet, I installed all updates I could, even additional drivers.
    I have messed with commands I found somewhere on this site and have found out that my wireless is not even popping up at all, like my computer cannot even find it.

I am using an HP Probook 6545b laptop and it has touch buttons above my keyboard, one of them turns wlan off and on, well it is not working.

------Edit------------
    Fixed it by installing drivers and playing with my console ^_^
    Last edited by NSTStudentGuy; November 30th, 2012 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Fixed it