Thread: can wake from suspend in lightdm but not in kde

Beans

Unhappy can wake from suspend in lightdm but not in kde

hi there,

at the lighdm login screen i can successfully sleep my pc (suspend to ram) and once it's asleep pressing any keyboard key will wake it up again, as expected.

however, once i am logged in to kde, i can sleep the pc, but once it's asleep i cannot wake it up again!!

pressing any keyboard key or the power button or a mouse button all do nothing, the pc stays asleep...

i have 'lock with a password when waking from suspend/sleep' turned off.

the only way to recover from this 'sleep of doom' is to hit the reset button...

so, why does waking from sleep work fine in lightdm but not when logged in to kde??

any help much appreciated.

Beans

Re: can wake from suspend in lightdm but not in kde

ehh, if i don't get any replies on this i guess i'll need to file a bug report...

just i know what a long row to hoe that can be, so i was hoping someone could at least point me in the direction of debugging the problem.

Beans

Re: can wake from suspend in lightdm but not in kde

just noting my findings here in case anyone searches this thread.

i found that the problem occurred in any 'heavyweight' desktop environment, but not in light wm environments like fluxbox... eventually i narrowed it down to being caused by pulseaudio.

without pulseaudio running my system suspends and wakes faultlessly, with pulseaudio the problem originally described occurs.

i'm now happily running kde _without_ pulseaudio (just plain alsa) and all sound works as expected and also the system suspends and restores without a hitch.

what a useless piece of junk pulseaudio is.