Thread: My Unity?

Beans

My Unity?

Hi all,
    I have had Ubuntu for around a month or so on both my Desktop and Netbook, and I absolutely love it. I find that it is better than Windows and OSX; and I am extremely happy that is is open-source. It looks fantastic and is fast, even on my little netbook.

But there is a problem there, with my netbook, even with the smallest sidebar option, it is still taking up more space than preferred. I read MyUnity can control this, and unfortunately, I have 12.10, so GNOME 3 is on it. This comes as its only downfall. So my question, will MyUnity be available for 12.10 before the end of the year?
    Just as a sidenote, I would like to learn some form of coding as it interests me, can anyone direct me to a site which can teach it?

tl;dr How long until MyUnity is released for 12.10 and what are some good beginner site to learn to code

A plethora of thanks

Beans

Re: My Unity?

Try unsettings. Has similar if not more tweaks.
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:diesch/testing
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install unsettings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: My Unity?

Unless 12.10 works differently than 12.04, you can simply change the size of the launchr by right-clicking on the desktop, choose "Change desktop background", and then adjust Launcher icon size from the size bar.

But still, you should install Unsettings.