Thread: i can't find my DvD Driver

Beans

Exclamation i can't find my DvD Driver

Hello i am new here, i can't find my DvD Driver!, it's a Samsung Trudirect SATA, and i have a cable to plug in as USB for a boot rezone, i've trayed this one https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/musicv...video-dvd.html but it didn't work, plus i wan't just like explore any drive, i hope this pic could explain more...
    Last edited by lisati; November 28th, 2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Edit font to comply with forum code of conduct

Beans

Arrow Re: i can't find my DvD Driver

DVD Driver? - Most SATA Dvd Drives should work out of the box for ubuntu. Drivers are more of a windows thing - althow you do get "drivers" for ubuntu, they are not usually for dvd drives. If nothing is poping up when you plug it in, this is normal (its ubuntu - not windows) . At the left hand side click on the picture of a DVD and this should mount it (open it) for you - make certen they is a disk inside and that its also powered.

Beans

Re: i can't find my DvD Driver

Quote Originally Posted by aronwalker View Post
    DVD Driver? - Most SATA Dvd Drives should work out of the box for ubuntu. Drivers are more of a windows thing - althow you do get "drivers" for ubuntu, they are not usually for dvd drives. If nothing is poping up when you plug it in, this is normal (its ubuntu - not windows) . At the left hand side click on the picture of a DVD and this should mount it (open it) for you - make certen they is a disk inside and that its also powered.
    i am sry for the word Driver, but i meant to say i can't see this "picture of a DVD" to click on it or even mount it even with a disk inside it