Thread: Kubuntu 12.10 for PPC?

Hybrid View

Beans

Kubuntu 12.10 for PPC?

Hi.

Do you know if there is a Kubuntu 12.10 Live CD or DVD, or any knd of other installation discs, for PowerPC?

I can't find any in the cdimage pages (just 12.04 for Kubuntu and 12.10 for regular Ubuntu).

Also, some time ago (some weeks before the official release) I tried to upgrade my Kubuntu to 12.10 (which was in the Beta stage yet) from the package manager and I ha booting problems. I ended up reinstalling Kubuntu 12.04.

It works great, but I wonder if it's still being supported for PPC (community-supported, I mean) and if I will be able tu upgrade to 12.10, 13.04 and so on.
    Desktop: Ubuntustudio 20.04 running on AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, with Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti graphics; Laptop: Ubuntustudio 20.04 running on a Intel i5 6200U @2.30 GHz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Kubuntu 12.10 for PPC?

Kubuntu is still developed as far as I know. The only member of the Ubuntu family that has seemed to stop PowerPC development is Xubuntu. Ubuntu and Lubuntu are the most used distros so they tend to get updated first from what I have seen.

If you have never tried Lubuntu I highly recommend giving it a test drive. By far the fastest of the family on any computer. Kubuntu and Ubuntu are resource hogs in comparison.