Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the Xbox, PlayStation and Wii say hello to Ouya

Beans

Arrow Forget the Xbox, PlayStation and Wii say hello to Ouya

Forget the Xbox, PlayStation and Wii say hello to Ouya http://www.ingame.msnbc.msn.com/tech...g-about-876224

Looks interesting. Do out next year.

I hope they do really well and with their business model you going see way more games than what you going get on Xbox, PlayStation and Wii .

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Forget the Xbox, PlayStation and Wii say hello to Ouya

edit
    Last edited by HappinessNow; July 11th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans

I want to support it, it looks awesome. It sounds too good to be true however. I just can't justify paying 99 euro ($99 + shipping) for something which is an android tablet on a TV, albeit probably more powerful and focused and with a rocking design. Sure it will have other games too but still. Also if they're full fledged games that need to be downloaded (or streamed) then it won't really work with my terrible internet (Yay infrastructure).

I appreciate what it's doing though

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SirWhy View Post
    I want to support it, it looks awesome. It sounds too good to be true however. I just can't justify paying 99 euro ($99 + shipping) for something which is an android tablet on a TV, albeit probably more powerful and focused and with a rocking design. Sure it will have other games too but still. Also if they're full fledged games that need to be downloaded (or streamed) then it won't really work with my terrible internet (Yay infrastructure).

I appreciate what it's doing though
    Sure this thing is not that powerful with todays graphics but should have no problem with graphics before 2006 . And 3D graphics is not all be in all with graphics you know than good old games like Zelda , final fantasy ,Illusion of Gaia in 90's so on for teens and young adults the game developers are all worked up on first person shooter games now and high in 3D graphics .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very interesting. Very nice-sounding too. But is it gonna be too good to be true?
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nec207 View Post
    Sure this thing is not that powerful with todays graphics but should have no problem with graphics before 2006 . And 3D graphics is not all be in all with graphics you know than good old games like Zelda , final fantasy ,Illusion of Gaia in 90's so on for teens and young adults the game developers are all worked up on first person shooter games now and high in 3D graphics .

Sure Graphics aren't everything but still, to me it just seems like a tablet built like a console. I want to support it, but I don't have the money to be an early adopter only for it to fail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I agree completely that graphics aren't the be all and end all, but to the average person looking to buy a new console they will look at the titles available on the different platforms and likely choose the one that provides state of the art graphics over the one that gives the same graphics as their phone.
    Ubuntu User #34927
    Linux User #553475

Beans

I also have the problem that it seems to be all concept now. I can't find a video of the system that doesn't look like it's trying to sell me something (which is the purpose really but you know)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Good idea, but the hard drive and graphics specs will most likely turn off a bunch of developers. I mean, Portal takes around 5 GB, so that's about 62.5% of your space taken up by that game alone if Valve decides to publish on this platform.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans

I agree completely that graphics aren't the be all and end all, but to the average person looking to buy a new console they will look at the titles available on the different platforms and likely choose the one that provides state of the art graphics over the one that gives the same graphics as their phone.
    If they made the graphics to look 3D like the late 90's to 2005 it look very bad.

This would look horrible ..

Late 90's games like SimCopter.

That is why they have to use 2D and with 2D it can be really nice a lot nicer than the 90's
    Last edited by nec207; July 12th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast