Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadence Test-Unity Auto Pilot

Beans

Re: Cadence Test-Unity Auto Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Guitara wrote:

"If you are feeling adventurous, you can actually run all the unity testcases like this (this will take a LONG TIME!). "

I am currently running Unity AutoPilot on one of my main installs . How long actually will this test run?
    The full test (with errors) took 3800 secs on my 2 year old laptop.

--
    Sanjeev

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by ghane View Post
    The full test (with errors) took 3800 secs on my 2 year old laptop.

--
    Sanjeev

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    What's not exactly clear is whether these tests should be run with the default unity/compiz settings in place.
    (do you want results from non-default settings?

With non-default settings some tests may fail where they'd otherwise pass & in a case or 2 will pass when they'd fail on the defaults
    (spread test is one example of both instances.., switch test of the former.
    Thats a good point. During the auto test it randomly rotated the cube (no harm done). Actually it was rather entertaining There were some other neat Unity/Compiz features that the autopilot exploited that I was not even aware existed. For example , the app switcher .. it was able to bring up the Unity Dash. itemize , say, about 4 apps, open them, then minimize on the horizontal cassette, highlite and then present in smooth zoom-up, and send send it back to the cassette , or, (reel). Not really a scrollodex effect but very close.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I ran the full Unity Autopilot test on a desktop with an AMD 620 CPU.

Ran 461 tests in 4877.727s
    FAILED (failures=61, errors=9, skipped=63)

It changed input method to Chinese-Pinyin and the Dash is now hard to use.
    I hope that will be changed after a reboot.

The Dash was OK after reboot.
    Last edited by P-I H; November 27th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Thats a good point. During the auto test it randomly rotated the cube (no harm done). Actually it was rather entertaining There were some other neat Unity/Compiz features that the autopilot exploited that I was not even aware existed. For example , the app switcher .. it was able to bring up the Unity Dash. itemize , say, about 4 apps, open them, then minimize on the horizontal cassette, highlite and then present in smooth zoom-up, and send send it back to the cassette , or, (reel). Not really a scrollodex effect but very close.
    Non-default settings may very well break the tests. So will running the tests on non-english locales, etc, etc. The unity testsuite is a work in progress, but it's neat to see what they've been able to do (and what we can also achieve!) by using the tool.

So as for your question, yes go ahead and give me the results from your non-standard setup, but mention it's non-standard. Unless the test failing isn't actually a bug (because you've changed how it should work), it will be useful. Some human input will be needed for this For instance, my hud key isn't ALT -- but the HUD tests should look for the shortcut key I use instead and run the tests that way ideally. Test writing isn't always so straightforward -- good things for us to learn as we go about writing tests as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12