Thread: Mythbuntu Control Center Hangs

Beans

Mythbuntu Control Center Hangs

Hi All:
    I have just installed Mythbuntu on a ASROCk Z77 with an Intel i3. Mythbuntu is ver 12.04. I have a FusionHDTV7 and a DVBSKY dual express S2 installed. Right now I am working on the FusionHDTV7. I an new at this and learning on the way, but I would like to get some help on a problem I've run into. During one of my upgrades my Mybuntu Control Center must have been partially disabled. Some of the buttons are now grayed out and if I used them the MCC just hangs. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix this. I was in the process of trying to work out two other problems: a) getting the TV card to pickup all OTA channels like my TV (60% success) and getting the remote to work. Any ideas on the latter two problems is also welcomed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Mythbuntu Control Center Hangs

Open it via terminal 'mythbuntu-control-centre' and post any errors. Also, what buttons are disabled?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Open it via terminal 'mythbuntu-control-centre' and post any errors. Also, what buttons are disabled?

Hi:
    Thanks for the reply. There is an error which states that the config file is missing so it is using the default.

"mosborne@mosborne-desktop:~$ mythbuntu-control-centre
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Error: Config file not found. Setting defaults"

The ones greyed out are: Plugins, Infared, Bare Console, System Updatess, Startup Behaavior, Backup and Restore, Proprietary Codecs, MythExport, and MySQL.

The ones that look normal are: Log Grabber and Graphics Drivers.

I looked in the etc/mythtv folder and found a file called config.xml. Is this the file I need to work with? If so, where can I find the docs to set it up or is there another way to regenerate the config file?

Beans

Hi:
    This is an update.
    I could not repair the Back-end, so I upgraded to 12.10. The Back-end is now functional. I will move on to getting the remote working and then the DVB sat card. Also doing plenty of backups.

Thanks

Beans

Thanks all:
    After several installs, I got it working. However, still working on drivers. It looks like maybe the drivers are not yet fully developed yet for the DVBSky S2 and Fusionhdtv7.