Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to transfer .exe to Ubuntu server

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to transfer .exe to Ubuntu server

Quote Originally Posted by personalpc View Post
    samba is only good in network. Apache or sshfs much better much faster for windows on outside networks. Cheers mate!
    awesome advice, I will be installing samba later today and seeing if we can't get this to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: How to transfer .exe to Ubuntu server

Quote Originally Posted by coldcritter64 View Post
    Others above have mentioned methods you should also consider, depenping on your needs. Samba is one method for filesharing.

Does your install have a desktop or is it headless? Need to know for advice regarding installation methods. A desktop that has Nautilus installed makes it rather easy to install samba, whereas a headless server = command line.
    Ok I have a desktop headless unit that I use, and usually use everything thru command line. I do have a monitor and a keyboard that is stashed away next to the headless unit that will take me like 5 seconds to hook back up. I also do not have a gui on the server and also thinking about adding one.

I also have, but rarely use webmin, and I know in the networking tab I can set up a share there? saw some youtube videos with this method but not very clear

what do you think I should do?
    1.) set it up thru SSH? which I enjoy doing/learning
    2.) hook up the headless unit to my monitor and do it thru command line?(straight from headless server)
    3.) hook up the headless unit to monitor and do it thru the GUI (that you can help me install also )
    4.) or use webmin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12