Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Speed of my Ubuntu Server?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    95
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Speed of my Ubuntu Server?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Since you have a USB 3.0 device, why not install a USB 3.0 adapter like this one?
    awsome man, I will look into that first thing spring semester. Recently got a job at my university as a help desk tech so i will have all sorts of time to try to add an adapter
    Last edited by BStrizzy; November 27th, 2012 at 03:19 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Speed of my Ubuntu Server?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Since you have a USB 3.0 device, why not install a USB 3.0 adapter like this one?
    Huge +1. I added a PCIex1 card to my old server and it helped when doing huge data transfers.

    Quote Originally Posted by BStrizzy View Post
    awsome man, I will look into that first thing spring semester. Recently got a job at my university as a help desk tech so i will have all sorts of time to try to add an adapter
    It's not that hard - shutdown the box, pop the case open, install card and boot it back up.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

    Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    95
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Smile Re: Speed of my Ubuntu Server?

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Huge +1. I added a PCIex1 card to my old server and it helped when doing huge data transfers.



    It's not that hard - shutdown the box, pop the case open, install card and boot it back up.

    ahhhhhh i know man, i would really rather not try to mess this thing up and start from scratch, (even tho it would be good practice) and besides now that I will have a first decent job i can afford stuff now no ramen

    by the way can you check this thread for me, I am having a lil bit of trouble
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2088568

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •