Thread: X server / Login Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question X server / Login Issues

Hey there
    I am getting some strange errors on boot up since yesterday. Everytime I reboot, right before the login screen appears I only see a blinking cursor and then a window shows up(just the window on black background, with an X as my cursor), that says there has been issues with your display,graphic card or input device and then gives me the option to reconfigure it, but if I click reconfigure or any other option just nothing happens it goes back to the initial window. I did a BIOS update yesterday, but I am not sure that that is the one that caused it.

Now the strange thing - if I switch to tty1 with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and start lightdm manually everything works lika a charm. I am using bumbleebee and already tried reinstalling it.
    Tested it with glxspheres and both graphic cards seem to be working just fine.

Here is my lspci -v output regarding the Nvidia card:
    Code:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF119 [GeForce GT 520M] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
        !!! Unknown header type 7f
    Well that doesn't look too good, any idea how to fix this - or generally how to reinstall the graphic drivers without wrecking bumblebee?

Beans
    Distro

Re: X server / Login Issues

Update: since i could not change anything within the xserver pop up i tried reconfiguring my xserver or light dm using the terminal here is the exact output:
    aaron@aaron-U36SD:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    [sudo] password for aaron:
    aaron@aaron-U36SD:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
    aaron@aaron-U36SD:~$
    nothing has been cut ... it just doesnt do anything. The usual dialog isnt showing up :/

Beans
    Distro

Re: X server / Login Issues

Solved. The latest update somehow fixed it. At least lightdm is starting correctly and i can login. Did not test if dpkg-reconfigure isworking againt.