Thread: custom error pages 12.04 LTS

Hybrid View

Beans

custom error pages 12.04 LTS

i just recently fixed my server and installed 12.04 LTS server 32-bit onto it, im setting up a website shortly and i am having a difficult time figuring out how to set my own custom error pages, error pages such as the infamous 404, 500 ect kind of pages, ive googled for some answers and found a forum post for 8.04 which cannot apply because its quite different in 12.04 from what i can see.

could anyone give me a step through of how to get custom error pages working on 12.04 LTS?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: custom error pages 12.04 LTS

Having custom error pages depends on the server, not on the operative system... If you use Apache, try this.
    Catbuntu (blog)
    CPU→Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,00GHz. RAM3GB. Graphics card→NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS. O.S.→Ubuntu 14.04 «Trusty Tahr» 64 bit
    [TPI Blog | TPI GitHub ]

Beans

Re: custom error pages 12.04 LTS

sorry for the extremely late reply, ive read through that and tinkered around with it and did not get satisfactory results, i undid anything i may have done so starting with a clean slate again, some of that page i could not quite wrap my head around either, is there a little bit simpler solution or?