Thread: upgrade from natty narwhal to Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

upgrade from natty narwhal to Precise Pangolin

I have burned the iso image of Precise Pangolin to disk but I am worried about installing it because when I first installed Natty Narwhal I had graphic problems With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum. I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: upgrade from natty narwhal to Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by toxictex View Post
    I have burned the iso image of Precise Pangolin to disk but I am worried about installing it because when I first installed Natty Narwhal I had graphic problems With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum. I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.
    If you tested on live cd and it works then it shouldn't have any problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum.
    Ubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin includes ubuntu-2d(unity-2d) environment by default. So if you have any problems with Unity3D , you can switch to 2D with one click in login screen. Have a look at this picture : http://i.stack.imgur.com/gPLtQ.png

I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.
    The general rule is "When it runs good at Live session , it will be run good when install it also".
    So go for it

Beans
    Distro

Thank you so much I will install 12.04 immediately I get up tomorrow

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Just a suggestion. Instead of doing an upgrade (as with the update manager) I suggest you save your data and do a clean install. Save you a lot of headaches later.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Just a suggestion. Instead of doing an upgrade (as with the update manager) I suggest you save your data and do a clean install. Save you a lot of headaches later.
    Thank you I have decided I will do a clean install, hopefully I will free up some space on my hard disc