Thread: how i find my hybrid graphic is muxed or mux-less ? (to use vga_switcheroo)

Beans

Question how i find my hybrid graphic is muxed or mux-less ? (to use vga_switcheroo)

i bought hp dv3 2360ee notebook.
    it has hybrid graphic
    1: intel graphics media accelerator
    2: ati mobility radeon HD 4550

is it mux-less ? can i use vga_switcheroo to enable discrete card?

thanks

Beans

Re: how i find my hybrid graphic is muxed or mux-less ? (to use vga_switcheroo)

is someone knows about hybrid or switchable graphics !??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It is almost certainly muxed. Mux-less setups showed up with the HD 6XXX series ATI hybrids.

vga-switcheroo is your only option, and it is not guaranteed to work.

Please do not bump your thread so quickly. Give it 24 hours. Remember the community is worldwide and your post may not be seen right away.
    Last edited by QIII; November 24th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    It is almost certainly muxed. Mux-less setups showed up with the HD 6XXX series ATI hybrids.
    vga-switcheroo is your only option, and it is not guaranteed to work.
    Please do not bump your thread so quickly. Give it 24 hours. Remember the community is worldwide and your post may not be seen right away.
    ok , sorry
    i am using a program written by benjamim gois (VGAsw)
    when i press high performance lightdm do restart and the garphic card changes to : Gallium , so is it means that i'm doing right ?

i know that in mux-less systems IGP connected to displays and descrete graphic only do rendering.

i read in x.org that X server doesnt support hybrid graphics :
    "At the moment the X server does not support rendering and display from different cards so the discrete card can not be used with MUX-less systems at the moment."

so the question is how this guide helps when X server does not support !!!!??? how it works?
    plz explain what happens

thanks
    Last edited by snifer7; November 24th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.