Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Compiz Panic!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

No Compiz Panic!!

I'm almost in tears ! Just amazing work. Compiz now works on this one machine so smoothly where it was really sluggish before and when enable cube/rotate... !! No Panic or crash!

Way things look so far, Raring has already superseded Precise and Quantal. My hat is off to Mark and the Unity team and Sam S.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: No Compiz Panic!!

Well, for me and my Intel graphics Compiz uses over 20% of my quad-core CPU, not good. OTOH all seem to be very quick and we can be sure the CPU usage will be fixed. After all, it's Intel. <smile>
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q33WB, Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz, SSDs,32G RAM | Dell Laptop 13.3".
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win10 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans
    Distro

Very low stats here for a single core.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Enabling wobbly windows and 3d windows just about does it in Some amazing affects there. Looks like still some work ahead...

Beans
    Distro

After today's update compiz is using about 1% of CPU. So the fix came quickly. Speed, quickness is not an issue, very fast code.
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q33WB, Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz, SSDs,32G RAM | Dell Laptop 13.3".
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win10 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans
    Distro

I aquired an old Intel 64bit 554 with HT. I'm going to slip that in and see what happens.

Beans
    Distro

I got this when enable/disable 3D windows.

edit: argghh man .. youtube is being really fussy now with new cameras. back to my Nokia fake Blueberry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jKLr...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by ventrical; November 24th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fjgaude View Post
    Well, for me and my Intel graphics Compiz uses over 20% of my quad-core CPU, not good. OTOH all seem to be very quick and we can be sure the CPU usage will be fixed. After all, it's Intel. <smile>
    Dumb question - can you get 400% utilization on a quad-core?

Or does 20% mean 20% on each one of the cores at once?

This is a dual core with Compiz rattling about 8% +/- is that 8% of one processor or 8% of both - on
    Intel Corporation Atom Processor 1.6 gHz D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
    No clue what intel graphics that is.

Of course my Android tablet's Nvidia Tegra 1 gHz processor/graphics runs rings around it, I don't know if that's no compiz/unity in Android or a much better processor/graphics integration.

Both are dual core 1 Gb memory...Oh, all I've got up is Firefox entering this post and top on a terminal window.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post

This is a dual core with Compiz rattling about 8% +/- is that 8% of one processor or 8% of both - on
    Intel Corporation Atom Processor 1.6 gHz D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller

Of course my Android tablet's Nvidia Tegra 1 gHz processor/graphics runs rings around it, I don't know if that's no compiz/unity in Android or a much better processor/graphics integration.

Both are dual core 1 Gb memory...Oh, all I've got up is Firefox entering this post and top on a terminal window.
    That's kind of strange, my netbook has an atom 270, single core with hyperthreading, so it shows two cores, and a 945 graphics chip set, compiz at idle shows .3 - 1.3% cpu usage. I'm just setting Ubuntu up on it, as I really don't see any speed advantage with Xubuntu.

When comparing your tablet to your netbook, you are comparing apples to oranges. My tablet, Eeepad Transformer Prime runs ice cream sandwich supplied from the manufacturer, if you had just installed Android 4+ from google, that wasn't optimized for the system you would see the same types of perceived problems, you see with your netbook.

It's all wlel and good to check what kind of resources your system is using, but how does it work in day to day usage? Do you find that it generally feels like it's running in molasses, or does it run well enough that you don't really have any complaints, aside from a pre-conceived notion?
    Last edited by cariboo; November 25th, 2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added some extra stuff

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post

For a quad-core when 20% is stated it points to each core at 20%. It could mean at one core is at 100% when 25% is stated. Anyway, 13.04 is running nicely now that that issue with compiz is fixed on my Intel HD3000 graphics box.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast